Verlangen naar Mekka
De hadj in honderd voorwerpen
By Luitgard Mols, Amsterdam 2013 (Dutch).
Published to accompany the 2013-2014 exhibition about the pilgrimage to Mecca in the 'Rijksmuseum Volkenkunde,' the ethnography museum in Leiden, the Netherlands, where is also the country's oldest university. The hajj is explained with photographs of 100 objects by the exihibition's curator and 'islamic arts' expert dr. Luitgard Mols.
Collections from which the objects came are:
[British] Royal Geographical Society : 1
[Rotterdam] Maritime Museum : 1
Private collection Leiden : 1
Gemeentemuseum : 1
Private collection London : 1
Athr Gallery : 1
Tropenmuseum : 3
[Uppsala] University Library : 1
Benaki Museum : 2
The contemporary artworks from Saudi Arabia in the book have the numbers:
39. Road to Makkah by Abdulnasser Gharem (2011)
41. Magnetism by Ahmed Mater (2011)
53. We waren allen broeders by Ayman Yossri Daydhan (2010)
54. Golden Hour by Ahmed Mater (2011)
64. Muzdalifa bij nacht by Reem Al Faisal (2001).
September 8, 2017.